Thursday 15 May 2014

Karate


On the 11th May I went to a karate grading. I was going from a green belt to a blue belt.

We started just as I got there. There were mainly white belts trying to get their yellow. That is really easy because if you can get all the basics then you get yellow.

There was also one orange trying to get her green. She had to know everything I knew; it is quite hard going from orange to green and green to blue. They are much stricter on us than on the white belts. We were going through the basics and I had to do double the amount than the rest, but that was okay.

We got up to the last half an hour and we had to do a thing called kata. Kata is a series of moves to block, strike and kick someone that is coming towards you in different directions. I had to do three of them. I managed to put all my power into everything I did.

At the end my instructor (sensei) nodded at me and smiled so then I knew I was going to get my blue belt. I was really happy once I got my certificate.

 

By: Taylor Woodhead  J

No comments:

Post a Comment