Wednesday 20 August 2014

Week 5 home learning

Guess What it Says?



  • mill1on
  • another           one thing
  • least
Complete the text using these words.

achievement exciting exhausting go

horse learnt play ride speak try

 
I’ve always enjoyed doing (

1) exciting things.

I learnt to (

2) a bicycle when I was

three and a (

3) when I was four. I’ve

been on adventure holidays so I’ve ridden a motorbike
and been kite-surfing. It was (

4) – you

know, really tiring. My greatest (

5) was

when I (

6) to speak German. It was

really difficult but now my German’s quite good.
Next, I’d like to (

7) skiing again or

(

8) bungee jumping for the first time. Oh,

and learn to (

9) the piano, of course. And

I haven’t learnt to (

10) Chinese yet, but

I’m going to start soon. There are so many things I want
to do!


                                                 Shark Cloze
 
Fill in the blanks with the words in the boxes.
 
Sharks: Basic Facts
rows
fish
gills
scales
fins
 
Sharks are _____________________. They have _____________________ to help them breathe and _____________________ to help them swim. They have _____________________ on their skin and _____________________ of teeth in their mouths.
 
Sharks Pups
birth
eggs
ashore
pups
mermaid
 
Shark babies are called _____________________. Some sharks give _____________________ to live pups. Other sharks lay _____________________  in hard cases. Sometimes these egg cases wash _____________________. If people find them on the beach, they call them _____________________ purses.
 
Monsters of the Sea?
attacks
mistake
harmless
afraid
vicious
 
Many people are _____________________ of sharks. They think sharks are _____________________ monsters. But in truth, shark _____________________ are very rare. Most sharks are _____________________. Often when sharks do attack, they _____________________ people for seals or other prey.
 
Endangered Animals
breed
endangered
soup
overfishing
 
 
 
Many sharks are _____________________ because of _____________________.That means they are close to becoming extinct. In some countries, people use the shark fins to make _____________________. Sharks _____________________ very slowly so it takes a long time for some species to increase their numbers.
 

Writing:
Create  an acrostic poem for each of the seasons (summer,autumn,winter,spring)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment